The Class Act Restaurant
The Class Act Restaurant is our student led restaurant. Our customers in the dining room are a critical part of the “teaching staff,” and the encouragement and feedback from you all help them grow in confidence and ability (one of the pillars for building a healthy self-esteem). The majority of our students are with us for the first time this year, so as always please be patient as they work through their nervousness in serving the public.
Our business model will continue to require diners to make a reservation and pre-order online so that we can order the precise amount of food each week. This allows us to be good stewards of our budget and have the funds to buy from local growers and producers whenever practical, which is a renewed focus for us going forward.
Restaurant menus will change theme every 5 weeks and this year's cuisines will be:
- Pacific Northwest
- American Diner
The Class Act Restaurant will be open to the public for approximately 6-week blocks
throughout the year and will close for a week in between menus.
- Reservations are first-come, first-served as we are limited in the number of guests we are able to serve each day.
- When we have reached daily capacity, reservations will close for that day. We will also close reservations by the Thursday of the prior week so we can order our food for delivery the following Monday.
- Order forms will be closed on non-school days (e.g. Saturday, Sunday, long weekend, holidays) to allow for our culinary staff to monitor the reservation system. If the form is not responding, please try again on the next school day.
- Supply chain continues to impact food orders, so there may be a limit on t-bone steaks on any given day. Culinary staff will reach out if there are any concerns or questions.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- The Class Act Restaurant will be closed on any day that the Highline Public Schools is closed, or on a 2-hour delay. Please check the district website or local news broadcast. Any reservations on those days will be cancelled because we will not have our students on campus.
Please check the district website or local news broadcast for district-wide closures.
As soon as we know we will be closed, we will do our best to contact every person who made reservations for those days.