Aeronautical Science Pathway
Ready for takeoff? Your aviation career begins today! Join the Puget Sound Skills Center and the Museum of Flight’s Aeronautical Science Pathway (ASP) program! This exciting and innovative program prepares you for high-demand, high-wage careers in aviation and aerospace.
- Earn up to 30 FREE college credits per year through Green River College in this two-year program, while still in high school! Credits can be applied towards an associate or bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Science at Green River College. Other aeronautical colleges such as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, University of North Dakota, or Central WA University may also accept the credits.
- Courses and topics range from Aviation History, Unmanned Aerial Systems, and Private Pilot Ground School to Airport Management, Airline Operations and Dispatch, and Air Traffic Control.
- Jet toward an exciting, in-demand career as a pilot, air traffic controller, dispatcher, airport or airline manager, or in the expanding field of unmanned aerial systems…and more.
- Immerse yourself in an unparalleled, aviation-rich learning environment at the renowned Museum of Flight where iconic aircraft, a space gallery, and over 200 docents with extensive flight-related experience will inspire your learning.
- Learn from industry experts and professionals, fly aircraft and drone simulators, and prepare for various FAA examinations required for certification.
Approved Equivalency Credit: 0.5 English, 1.0 Lab Science
The Museum of Flight
9404 E. Marginal Way South,
Seattle, Washington 98108
Note: Students enrolled in this program must provide their own transportation to and from The Museum of Flight.
Located on Boeing Field and surrounded by more than 200 aviation-related businesses and organizations, the Museum is an ideal location for this aviation course. The Museum itself is an unparalleled learning laboratory with iconic aircraft, flight simulators, a space gallery, a career center, and over 200 volunteers who serve as docents—all with rich backgrounds as pilots, engineers, astronauts, innovators, scientists, flight attendants and crew members, airline and airport managers, educators, and in other related fields.
Imagine the value of being immersed in an environment that includes all this and more—one that makes learning relevant and applicable and simply could not be matched by any other institution of learning. And...it’s an inspiring and fun place to be!
How to Register
Enrolled in the Highline, Tahoma, Tukwila or Federal Way School Districts? Contact your school counselor to register through the Puget Sound Skills Center.
School district not listed above? Please complete the online ASP Student Inquiry form.