About the Program
There is a huge demand for highly qualified automotive technicians. You can be part of this exciting industry!
Vehicles in today’s world require extensive computer and mechanical knowledge. At PSSC you will acquire the knowledge and skills for both. A two-part program of hands-on application on a variety of vehicles, combined with in-class theory and application will prepare you to be able to work on older models, as well as the hi-tech models that customers now own.
Some of the skills you will learn are:
- Brakes to ASE certification level
- Electrical to ASE certification level
- Steering and Suspension to ASE certification level
- Engine diagnostics
- Heating and cooling system theory and repair
- Scan tool use and theory
- Engine theory and physics
- Auto and manual transmission theory
- Electric and hybrid vehicle theory
Approved Equivalency Credits: 0.5 English, 0.5 Lab Science