Outdoor Leadership & Recreation
About the Program
Picture yourself walking through the snow-capped mountains of Washington, filtering your water from a mountain stream, or camping on the beach of a secluded island. Imagine yourself leading 30 sixth graders to be stronger people, or presenting with confidence in front of an adult audience. In partnership with Waskowitz Outdoor School, the Outdoor Recreation and Leadership program helps outdoor lovers or the outdoor-curious to become industry professionals with the skill, judgement, and presence to lead life changing experiences. If you decide not to work in the outdoor industry you can use your new understanding of communication, leadership, and teamwork in any setting.
Note: This course is unique for PSSC. It is offered all day 1st and 4th quarter, only. You cannot attend classes at your homeschool though you can still graduate from your homeschool and participate in all activities outside of school hours. During 2nd and 3rd quarter you will have several options at PSSC for core classes and preparation for your 13th year.
- Outdoor Educator
- Wilderness Guide
- Challenge Course Facilitator
- Park Ranger
- Parks and Recreation Educator
Beyond a Career:
- No better place to learn how to be an effective member of a team, which you will use in your life forever.
- No better place to learn your personal strengths and how to use them for leading others.
- You will learn techniques for planning and preparation fundamental to every important endeavor in life.
- You will build your relationship with nature that will improve your health for the duration of your life!